The European online knowledge platform for second chance education the project EPODS is developed between 2016 and 2018. E-PODS will focus on two objectives:
- To promote European integration of professional development of teachers/trainers in second chance education
- To set up an organic/ growing database connecting tools, schools, teachers/ trainers and beneficiaries
A platform for all our teacher and trainers in E2C!!
Local/national developments and networks will be integrated on a European scale offering innovation/digitalizing in further education of trainers/teachers working with NEET. EPODS will have as output and activities:
- Development of a European professional development service: in depth analysis of professional development needs in the partner countries with a testing group of at least 40 teachers/trainers. This includes an online environment (a professional development profile) where teachers/trainers have their own online environment for development and guidance. With the online environment, the teacher/trainer can a) set long term development ambitions, b) determine development goals and c) register/log/capture learning curves/moments.
- Vitalise the online teacher/trainer community via providing e-content for teacher/trainers and webinars. The online European teacher/trainer community will be vitalised. The community needs to be more interactive and more drive by content.
- Development of at least 10 e-learning courses for the current professional development offers on secondeducation.eu. Out of the in depth analysis (activity 1) the foremost needs are identified. 10 e-learning courses will be developed based on these needs in connection to the existing professional development of secondchanceeducation.eu. Testing of the developed e-learning courses is foreseen as part of the European professional development service and will be included in the respective profile of the teacher/trainer.
- Development of a tool to create your own e-learning course: to support the bottom-up development of e-learning will be created for teachers/trainers in which they can develop their own e-learning course. The tool will be set-up and tested and at least ten bottom-up e-learning courses will be developed as pilot. Outputs.
You can download the detailed description here.
Please go tot he website www.secondchanceeducation.eu and use the tools or bring your tools in.