Two of our members are involved in the new KA2 Project EPODS - onlinE PrOfessional Development in Second chance education.
This project started with a kick off meeting at 17. - 18. of October 2016 in Heerlen. The lead partner BETAWERK hosted this meeting and the consortium organised and fixed the first steps in the project. Here a short overview of the project activities.
In the framework of the European online knowledge platform for second chance education www.secondchanceeducation.eu the project EPODS is developed between 2016 and 2018. In E-PODS focus is put on the elements of resources and trainings in secondchanceeducation.eu. These elements will be further developed for teachers/trainers working in second chance education. EPODS will focus on two objectives:
- To promote European integration of professional development of teachers/ trainers in second chance education
- To set up an organic / growing database connecting tools, schools, teachers/trainers and beneficiaries
From this perspective EPODS will be a European wide sustainable offer for teachers/ trainers in second chance education. Local/national developments and networks will be integrated on a European scale offering innovation/digitalizing in further education of trainers/teachers working with NEET. EPODS will have as output and activities:
- Development of a European professional development service: in depth analysis of professional development needs in the partner countries with a testing group of at least 40 teachers/trainers. This includes an online environment (a professional development profile) where teachers/trainers have their own online environment for development and guidance. With the online environment, the teacher/trainer can
o set long term development ambitions,
o determine development goals and
o register/log/capture learning curves/moments
- Vitalise the online teacher/trainer community via providing e-content for teacher/ trainers and webinars. The online European teacher/trainer community will be vitalised. The community needs to be more interactive and more drive by content.
- Development of at least 10 e-learning courses for the current professional development offers on secondeducation.eu. Out of the in depth analysis (activity1) the foremost needs are identified. 10 e-learning courses will be developed based on these needs in connection to the existing professional development of secondchanceeducation.eu. Testing of the developed e-learning courses is foreseen as part of the European professional development service and will be included in the respective profile of the teacher/trainer.
Development of a tool to create your own e-learning course: to support thebottom-up development of e-learning will be created for teachers/trainers inwhich they can develop their own e-learning course. The tool will be set-up and tested and at least ten bottom-up e-learning courses will be developed as pilot.